Team Lead – Quality Assurance
Bit8 is considered among the top most innovative gaming platforms in the Gaming industry. It has been nominated for a slate of awards, such as ‘Best Software Platform’ by eGR and ‘Innovator of the Year’ at the IGaming Awards of 2014, in London. Bit8 has also won the ‘Software Rising Star of the Year’ of 2014 by eGR. We are looking to recruit top players in their respective fields; stars who do not shy away from innovating, and taking bold steps with those ideas to see them realized!
Our platform services a wide spectrum of operators ranging from start-up clients to some of the top operators in the world.
We are around 70 employees based in Malta and abroad, growing exponentially across multiple roles and skillsets, with operations growing into over 50 countries.
At Bit8, you will work hard and have fun doing it! Employees are given the required space to thrive, build, experiment, and contribute across a number of product features and modules. At Bit8, careers come with great perks! Are you up for the challenge?
The Quality Assurance Team Lead will guide a team of Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) by improving current processes and methodologies for continued success. The role responsibilities include co-ordinating testing within the team and with external teams and partners. Ensuring testing standards, guidelines and testing methodologies are applied as specified in testing approach. Serve as a high-level technical resource for less experienced SDETs by providing guidance, feedback, and suggestions to improve overall quality practices.
The QA Team Lead will also hold the role of a line manager through assisting, supporting, directing and leading a team of people for the purpose of engaging, developing and creating a positive atmosphere and to ensure that everyone is working effectively together towards the key objectives of the team.
- Plan, organize, and monitor the execution of the work assignments for the Quality Assurance Scrum Team
- Lead efforts to develop, document, and implement applicable QA processes and procedures to provide more effective quality methods within the team in support of providing quality product
- Design, create, implement, maintain, and enhance test scenarios, test plans, test scripts, and test methodologies that ensure exhaustive and comprehensive testing of our product
- Collaborate with developers to improve overall product quality by emphasizing defect prevention, usability and functional enhancements throughout the development process
- Develop and drive a high-level QA strategy and methodology, including continual improvement, detail orientation and agile methodologies
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Partner with developers, product, and the user community as required to resolve quality issues quickly
- Liaise with internal teams to identify system requirements
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven work experience in software development and/or software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Solid knowledge of MySQL and .Net (C#) languages
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver and SpecFlow frameworks
- Familiar with Angular framework
- Hands-on experience with load testing tools such as JMeter and SoapUI
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing technical aspects to people with various backgrounds and management levels
- Detail oriented, meticulous and methodical
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly independently
- Strong work ethic, reliability and consistency
- Self-motivated and driven approach to willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done