Bit8 is considered among the top most innovative gaming platforms in the Gaming industry. It has been nominated for a slate of awards, such as ‘Best Software Platform’ by EGR and ‘Innovator of the Year’ at the iGaming Awards of 2014, in London. Bit8 has also won the ‘Software Rising Star of the Year’ of 2014 by EGR. We are looking to recruit top players in their respective fields; stars who do not shy away from innovating, and taking bold steps with those ideas to see them realized!
Our platform services a wide spectrum of operators ranging from start-up customers to some of the top operators in the world.
We are around 70 employees based in Malta and abroad, growing exponentially across multiple roles and skill-sets.
At Bit8 you will work hard and have fun doing it! Employees are given the required space to thrive, build, experiment, and contribute across a number of product features and modules. At Bit8 careers come with great perks! Are you up for the challenge?
As the Lead UX/UI Designer you will lead a number of initiatives with business analysts & UI developers on making our platforms & games the best in the industry. You will analyse business requirements, gather analytics data, create & build prototypes and verify them through user testing and A/B testing.
- Responsible for making the platforms and games as the most user centric in the industry. This includes branding experience, content look and feel, messaging, navigation, information architecture, features and functionality.
- Lead core UX initiatives within the department.
- Define and plan the strategy for A/B and Multivariate Testing
- Translate research finding into design recommendations to quickly improve product designs early in the design cycle
- Coordinate and manage any external partners or service provider in relation to UI/UX
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to all stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Requirements organization and analysis
- Document requirements and create conceptual prototypes, mock-ups, behavioural specifications and personas
- Requirements management and communication
- Keep the interface beautiful and easy to use. Direct the visual appearance of all new features and enhancements on our software application
- Initiate, suggest, and spearhead major UI re-factorings for a more intuitive user-experience
- Design elegant solutions to complex workflows. Design things that people will talk about
- Organise and facilitate handover activities to the development team
- Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective
- Understanding and assisting with formulating the business case and client needs
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Strong time management skills with a history of meeting commitments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing skills
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts
- Modelling techniques and methods
- Eye for details
- Multi-tasking between various different product requests
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Ability to drive multiple, critical initiatives at strategic & tactical levels across the portfolio
- Collaborative team player
- Highest level of communication, information sharing & transparency
- Knowledge of Agile development processes
- Prior experience in the iGaming industry is desirable
- Willingness to adopt change, new ideas, processes
- Challenge status-quo and drive creativity, innovation and operational excellence
- An IT degree or equivalent
- Travel and work within an international context